The Kindergarten set, I have grades 1-5 also.
Some of the math manipulatives I got (there are multiples of many of these)
Sometimes I am SO glad that I stop at a garage sale. I was at one just down the block looking at books. The lady having the garage sale had lots of books and things from a teacher friend that had retired. She also mentioned that the friend had a math set at home that she wished she could find a homeschooling family to sell it to. I asked if she knew what kind it was. She didn't know but said, "hey, should I give her a call?" I said sure, so after talking to her friend, she said that she would bring the set with her on Saturday morning and I could look it over. So when I showed up in the morning I had already done a bit of research on how much it was probably worth. Well, the price I paid probably couldn't have even bought all of the manipulatives I got.
She was a rep. for Houghton Mifflin and their new program, Math in Focus, the Singapore Approach. Singapore Math is supposed to be a great method, and has been well liked in the homeschool scene. When she stopped being their rep. they said to just pitch of the set, thankfully she didn't! So, I was SO excited to get such a great deal on this set. It is essentially everything a teacher would need from K to 5th grade.
We have plenty to praise God for; provisions for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment