The cushions on the wicker set I got off of Craigslist leaved something to be desired...
So, a bit of sewing from some extra fabric my mom had from a project she did for my brother and his wife, along with some cheap vintage fabric I got to make curtains in the kitchen...much better!
We got our new carpet in the remnant section at Menards and then had a guy install it for a very good price. We did the tear out ourselves, which saved a bit more. The remnants happened to be an extra 30% off the day we were there and they had 3 that were similar in style, but since they don't meet, we figured they didn't have to match exactly. The living room is actually two pieces of the same carpet, which luckily came from a similar enough dye lot that the seam is invisible.
The frames I got free from a garage sale, just needed a bit of TLC and some white paint. The S was a Kohl's sale item, the shelves were something I already had. The cute little desk was actually a garage sale find my mom got, but it was the childhood desk of my 1st grade teacher Mrs. Farmer...how special, especially since she is the one who inspired me to become a teacher!
The girls room still needs some wall decor...but, it's getting there! |
We have plenty to praise God for; cheap fixes
No comments:
Post a Comment