Thursday, April 22, 2010

Turning 3

Maria requested her meals for her birthday as cinnamon rolls for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly for lunch, and apple pancakes for dinner.  So, here is her breakfast complete with a candle.  So she got to hear the Happy Birthday song about 4 times, as we put it in her sandwich, pancake and her cupcake too!
One of her presents was a new kite.  Daddy and the girls were testing it out.
There it is, Dora, Diego and Boots.
Anna enjoyed tasting the dandelions!
and watching big sister run around.

Like the missing slipper?  It was found later, amidst toys in the living room.
Opening more presents, a princess flashlight.
An Ariel electric toothbrush.
Her cake request was a flower cake, but since we will have grandparents over on Saturday I figured we would make some flower cupcakes and save the cake for then.

We have plenty to praise God for; each new year we get to celebrate.

2 comments:

AC said...

I'm all smiles after reading your post. Thanks for sharing Maria's special day on the blog post! I LOVED your photos, especially of Anna sitting in the grass with the house in the background and big sis running toward her. I also L.O.V.E.D the photo of happy Maria looking deeply into the camera with the little teeny kite flying over her from space... SO CUTE!
Loved your company tonight friend! - A

Anonymous said...

Looks like Maria had a fun birthday! Love the toothbrush. I think we should get one for Charlotte-Amelie someday! Hope you had a nice birthday too :o) Hope u got a cake too :o)