The library had Santa for a visit today, so I bundled the girls up and took them to meet him. I would have taken Maria last year at the library, but she happened to be sick that weekend. So, this was actually her first time seeing Santa in person. She was talking before we went all about being brave and sitting on his lap, telling him what she wanted (a violin, drum, piano...gee, is she interested in music or what? Good thing we already have some musical instruments as part of her present!). We were one of the first there, so we sat and read a couple books waiting for his arrival as more kids showed up. When she heard him coming in she got a bit nervous at first, but then was okay. He read a couple of stories and then had the kids come up on his lap and had a chat with them. Maria went right up to him on her own and her put her on his lap, but lost all of her "braveness" and instead chewed on her finger. She wouldn't tell Santa what she wanted or how old she was...nope, no talking to Santa. Oh, well at least she didn't cry! Then I put Anna on his lap with Maria and Anna just stared at him, checkin him out. It was fun and magical to see Maria's reaction.
Notice in most of the pictures Maria has her hand on her chin...can you tell that is her nervous thing she does, and looking away from Santa. If she doesn't look at him, he's not really there right??
storytime
"hmmmm, I want..."
"I can't see you!"
still can't see you!
Anna had her Mrs. Claus hat on.
We have plenty to praise God for; the childhood magic of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment