We have been teaching Maria The Wesleyan Grace for a couple of weeks and she can already say it really well. Actually better than a simple "Thank you God, for this food" that we used to say with her, which usually came out more like, "God this pray, Amen." The Wesleyan Grace was the table blessing that Larry's grandparents and his family growing up used at meals.
At the beginning of the video I was trying to get her to sing the song she had just finished singing, "I love God, I love God, I love God, I love God..." you get the picture. But she did make up another song, which she has been doing a lot lately, starting with some gibberish and then she says "I wash my hands when I all done."
These are the words to the blessing that she is saying,
Be present at our table Lord.Be here and everywhere adored.
These mercies bless and grant that we,
May feast and fellowship with thee.
1 comment:
Very cute. She does melody so nicely already. Amy is just starting to occasionally try to match pitch with me.
One of my favorite graces is one I learned at camp: Back of the bread is the flour, back of the flour is the mill, back of the mill is the wind and the rain and the father's will.
Post a Comment