Saturday, July 18, 2009

conjoined squash

Don't you love that we have conjoined twin summer squash. Can you guess what the vegetable of the week is at our house...let's see how many different ways you can eat squash. Actually my favorite is to slice and cook with a little butter and brown sugar. YUM, YUM...sounds good enough to go snack on.
I am going to try and start a little tally system of all the garden produce we get. I have had several people comment that they don't think a garden is worth their time. I am curious what we find out. The time and money we put into it and the results we get out of it.
We have plenty to praise God for; such a yummy variety of good things to eat...imagine just having manna.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it sauteed with a little butter and lots of sesame seeds. Good julienned with carrots, too.

Anonymous said...

I just wish I could get my family to eat stuff that came out of a garden!

Robyn