


A friend of mine here in Culver asked a while back if I wanted to decorate and donate a chair for their
Tri Kappa
Chairs for Charity event. I said sure. I got a chair from another friend from church, and it sat for quite some time since then! I thought I had an idea I was going to do, but then changed my mind. It just hit me when I was looking at the chair and saw the 6 small spindles on the back that I could make them into a rainbow. I chose a verse from Genesis 9:13 about God's promise to us to never flood the earth again. I love rainbows and what they mean, so I decided to go for it, and I got it done. I decoupage the verse on the top of the chair after cutting out the letters from some old magazines. I then decoupage the colored tissue paper on the spindles. The hardest part was painting the picture on the seat. I found
this mural online that I used as my guide. I have never been able to just paint something out of my mind. So it was helpful to have this as a guide for me to look at.
The Chairs for Charity event will take place in June 28 with an auction. Check out their link for more information.
3 comments:
It looks great! I like the decoupaged spindles -- a more interesting effect than plain paint.
Looks beautiful! :-)
Wow Jess! You are amazing! I wish I had half your talent with all that you do! Keep up the great work!!
Robyn
Post a Comment