These pink and blue dresses were tank tops of mine I no longer liked to wear, they were still in great shape so I crafted up my own design for dresses. The pink one will be too big for this summer, hopefully not too small next summer!(it has an old embroidered pillowcase as the bottom/the blue one has a crocheted flower and petal that my mom had in her stash)
These two dresses were created on the top from old knit shirts of mine I no longer wanted. The bottom fabric was part of a scrap bag my mom gave me to use. I did add another ruffle layer on the lower dress, I didn't intend for their to be a ruffle at all, but due to a screw up I had to cover a mistake, so there you have it!
These two dresses were super easy smocked fabric I brought on the clearance at Wal-Mart, I think I paid a total of $3 for each. All you have to do is sew a straight line up, and attach straps on the one. The bottom hem was even already done for me!
This is my favorite I have made I think. It was originally a men's button-up shirt from the thrift store. So I probably paid maybe a $1 for it. The pattern was easy and it took me only 1 1/2 days from start to finish.
Can't remember if I already posted about this, but it is a remnant fabric I loved and found an easy pattern to make this dress.I made a nice soft flannel cover for our heating pad, by copying from the old scratchy one on it.

In total I made just over 50 different cards; baby, thank you, anniversary, birthday. Just my own ideas on most of the designs.
Boppy before; I couldn't stand to look at the cover any more!
Here is the new and improved Boppy. I had to modify the pattern, as my Boppy is the old style.
A skirt I made for my sister in about 40 minutes.


In total I made just over 50 different cards; baby, thank you, anniversary, birthday. Just my own ideas on most of the designs.I made two nursing cover ups; one for myself and one for my sister-in-law Lisa, due any day!
Boppy before; I couldn't stand to look at the cover any more!Here is the new and improved Boppy. I had to modify the pattern, as my Boppy is the old style.
A skirt I made for my sister in about 40 minutes.
I made some covers for Larry's MP3 player and my Ipod...the results weren't quite what I hoped, but they serve their purpose, to keep them from getting too scratched up.
We have plenty to praise God for; cheap materials, free ideas, patterns, tutorials and fabric, creativity and time.
p.s. there will be more to come soon...I have several project in the making, and what else can you do when the weather is yucky and you're stuck home?





1 comment:
How fun to see them all modeled -- they all look great, except, as you noted, the one that's still too big.
Post a Comment