Thursday, December 18, 2008

A dreaded phone call

My mom called this morning with sad news, my grandfather went to meet his Savior this morning. He had been in the nursing home since Feb, after a scary hospital stay, when we thought we were going to lose him first. He had been back in the hospital again last week, but had returned to the nursing home. Mom said he looked so at peace as he passed and now we know he is with his Savior, free of pain, free of the hindrances of arthritis and other ailments of old age. Now we deal with this loss and remember the wonderful memories that we have of such a amazing grandfather. He was the best grandfather you could ask for...pray for our family as many travel in for the funeral Monday and as we celebrate the holidays minus a loved one. It would take a novel to tell the love that he shared with others during his lifetime, and the pain we feel only acknowledges his significance to us. He was a gift to us.

We have plenty to praise God for; God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Schnicks said...

Please pass my condolences on to your whole family. I know how very special your grandpa was to you all. He was a part of every great moment in your lives. I hope that you find peace in his memory and the knowledge that he is home. Love you guys! XOXOXO

Lee

AC said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I am so glad you came out to hang with us tonight at LNO. Thanks so much for sharing and letting us pray with you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! I will be thinking of you and your family during Christmas!

Jen said...

Your kind words helped with the loss of my grandfather last month. I hope you find peace with your memories of him.
Take care of yourself.
Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Jess. I know how much your grandparents mean to you, and it is never easy to lose someone we love. I am glad you have the peace of mind to know that he is in Heaven. Just think...He gets to spend Christmas with Our Heavenly Father this year....
-Mindy