Thursday, June 5, 2008

road trip

Maria and I took a road trip last weekend back to my parents for a baby shower for my best friend, Mindy. Larry had to attend conference in Lafayette during the same time. While I was home I was able to visit with my grandparents, my two grandmothers and my grandfather who is in a nursing home . We also went to dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house. We had a nice visit with all of them.
On Friday night we went to the shower for Mindy, who is having a baby boy in July. She got lots of great baby stuff!

Maria had been running a low fever since Thursday and wasn't feeling her best. Upon returning home I thought Maria's fever was going away, we had hoped it was from teething since she has had that before, but at 5am Sunday morning her screams told us otherwise. She was burning up, and with a 104.6 temperature, I decided to head to the ER while Larry stayed behind for church service. The ER doc decided that it was an ear infection. So we got a super dose of Motrin for the fever and a scrip for some antibiotic. We were a little concerned since we were to leave for vacation that afternoon. They assured us it would be fine, just watch her fever and make sure it stayed down and eventually went away. It really was a blessing in disguise as she slept for a nice portion of the trip out to New Jersey. Within 24 hours she was seeming to be her normal 1 year old self!
We have plenty to praise God for; a daughter who has just had her first major sickness at 13 months.

No comments: